Module 2.1A - Plan Evaluation
Welcome to the plan evaluation module. Before engaging in a process of improvement planning, it is vital to reflect upon and learn from previous practice. This module offers multiple paths for participants to reflect on the successes and struggles of a targeted improvement plan.
Outcomes: Participants will reflect upon their practices
- data analysis.
- finding the root cause of problems.
- improvement planning.
- implementation and monitoring of an improvement plan.
Module 2.1B - Data Analysis
Welcome to the data analysis module. Data analysis is a powerful tool that can drive school improvement. This module offers guidance in analyzing data, creating problem statements, and preparing for a needs assessment.
Outcomes: Participants will
- catalogue their campus-level data according to each CSF.
- create a data collection pyramid in order to monitor important data sources throughout the year, giving multiple opportunities to adjust their plans.
- create problem statements in preparation for conducting a needs assessment.
- TAIS 201 Module 2.1a Hard Copy (Optional)
- TAIS 201 Module 2.1b Hard Copy (Optional)
- Facilitators Guide for Module 2.1A
- Facilitators Guide for Module 2.1B
- CSF Graphic Organizer
- Problem Statement Checklist Download
Access This Training
- E-Campus Workshop ID: SU1635519
- How to register for e-campus
- How to access the TAIS Modules in E-Campus
Resources Supporting Module 2.1
- TAISresources.net - Data Analysis
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the Texas Center for District and School Support (TCDSS) have collaborated to bring you this powerful resource, dedicated to advancing improvement in education. See the following:
- Expert Voices providing a theoretical overview of data analysis.
- Work from the field videos, providing a look into campuses across Texas and how they are using data analysis to strengthen continuous improvement efforts.
- Specific tools to help support data analysis on your campus.
- Student Engagement Assessment (ESC Resource Center)
A professional development module which allows teachers to revise a unit of instruction with strategic, targeted assessment and engages students in assessing and tracking their own learning. This professional development module may be used to support school efforts in Data Analysis and Quarterly Planning.
- CASA (Collaborative Analysis of Student Assessment)
A set of tools used to analyze student work and encourage conversation among teachers to better determine why students perform the way they do and ensure alignment between written, taught, and learned curriculum. This set of tools may be used to support school efforts in Data Analysis and Quarterly Planning.
- Curriculum Audit (ESC Resource Center)
A tool for formal district self-evaluation of curriculum design. The tool focuses on horizontal and vertical alignment, curriculum monitoring, needs assessment, planning and professional development, assessment and use of data, and 21st century learning skills. This tool may be used to support school efforts in Data Analysis, Needs Assessment & Root Cause Analysis, and Quarterly Planning.
- Warming Up the Campus (ESC Resource Center)
A framework for focusing on school climate and engaging in on-going conversations to enhance existing systems. This tool may be used to support school efforts in Data Analysis and Quarterly Planning.
- L-TAT Learning Time Analysis Tool (ESC Resource Center)
A web-based data collection tool used to review and analyze instructional learning time at the campus level. This tool may be used to support school efforts in Data Analysis and Quarterly Planning.
- POD3 - Peer Observation Data-Driven Dialogue
A two module series focused on strategies for increasing teacher capacity through classroom observations with an emphasis on self-assessment, needs assessment, and professional growth. This module series may be used to support school efforts in Data Analysis, Needs Assessment & Root Cause Analysis, and Quarterly Planning.
- Grown Locally (ESC Resource Center)
A professional development session for parent teams and school administrators and staff focused on fostering parent advocacy and support for teaching and learning. This tool may be used to support school efforts in Data Analysis, Needs Assessment & Root Cause Analysis, and Quarterly Planning.
- MAPSS (Mapping a Pathway to Student Success)
A data driven process aligned to the TAIS Framework providing school districts and campuses with a comprehensive, objective analysis of their current state to inform improvement, strengthen strategic planning efforts, and stimulate sustainable change. This tool may be used to support school efforts in Data Analysis and Quarterly Planning.